Friday, March 13, 2009

forgetting

I keep forgetting to wear my ring.

It isn't that I don't love it, I just...forget. One of the reasons I didn't want a diamond was that I don't regularly wear a lot of jewelry. I thought a plain band would suit me better because I could wear it to yoga without it getting in the way. I've thought about wearing my wedding band now instead of waiting for the wedding, but I think I should exercise a small amount of patience.

We're getting into the long stretch. The long-endurance portion of the race where you have to pace yourself so you'll still have enough left for the sprint at the end.

I've been putting the details together about what has to happen, but it's all organizational at this point. Find a table renter. think about dinner options.

I'm reading a book called The eternal bliss machine; America's way of wedding by Seligson, Marcia. It was written in 1975 about how the american wedding is synonymous with consumerism. It's pretty awesome. It makes me feel better about not wanting flowers. I really don't like cut flowers, but that's a post for another day.

No comments:

Site Meter