Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Venue

Mountain Boy and I are going to Moab this weekend to look at reception and ceremony sites. We're trying to decide whether to have the ceremony in Arches National Park or just outside on public land. The park has more facilities, but there are restrictions in other ways. Outside the park will be cheaper, but no facilities. I think it will depend on the locations we find.

I downloaded the OffBeat Bride checklist. It was really helpful in listing some of the consideration associated with picking a venue and date (nice stuff like asking parents about scheduling conflicts). I'm anticipating there will be issues getting Mountain Boy's family in from out of state, but his sister will be a huge help there.

I've been getting a lot of advice about not disclosing that the "event" we are planning is a wedding. We talked about it and both think that lying is out of the question. It's too creepy-dishonest. Though I do think we need to be cautious about people giving us bum deals.

Any advice?

No comments:

Site Meter