Saturday, January 31, 2009

Paper


Yesterday Mountain boy and I went to expidex (local paper products store) and picked out our invitations. This wasn't the plan. I had intended to go by myself to brows and think and maybe bring home a few samples, but when the boy found out that I was going he wanted to come. After about ten minutes he had picked out one he liked. We ended up getting something the same color but a different layout.

It was an odd experience. Maybe because it wasn't planned (I'm big on planning), but also because I got to see his taste and preference without me pushing for something really different. The only part I was insistent on was that we somehow work in a pocket.

I absolutely love the colors. The outer portion that folds into itself to create the envelope is deep chocolate brown. I bought sheets of deep grass green paper to make a border, and the invitation itself is dark orange/terracotta. The rsvp cards are sage green, and have grass green envelopes. As soon as I can get the camera charged, I'll post pictures, but it's a similar style to the picture above.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I like the colors a lot too!

Site Meter