Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yay! We have a date and a location!

Big movements on the planning front: we've booked a location for the reception and picked a site for the ceremony.

We are officially $500 non-refundable deposit committed. Boo-yeah!


It's more beautiful than I had ever imagined. I'm not sure how to explain it. I consciously refused to imaginary-plan my wedding when I was younger. I fought the urge to picture myself in a white dress, blah, blah. So when the idea that I might actually marry Mountain Boy developed I started thinking about a wedding for myself for the first time. I even bought a wedding magazine. It took me the better part of a year to decide for sure that I wanted to have a wedding at all.

Now, I'm so excited. I'm simply amazed at how much fun it's been thinking about what the day will be like. And now, I have a setting, so the imagining is moving from vague to focused.

Not just any setting, either. The most perfect most beautiful place imaginable.

We're booking-out a B&B for two nights, having the ceremony just outside of Arched National Park, and then having the reception in the garden behind the B&B. That stretched out the event over a weekend, and allows us to provide rooms for family and friends coming from out of state. And, as if that weren't enough, the B&B is run by a gourmet chef who will be doing a full dinner. all for less than $2200. The rest is details.

Just amazing.
pictures to come.

No comments:

Site Meter