Friday, February 6, 2009

wedding colors

When I started planning my wedding I was on the line about picking colors. I didn't want to be trapped into something that was obnoxiously color-coordinated on one hand, but I also felt that a coherent palate could really pull things together.

When we picked the venue, it made the decision even more difficult because I didn't want to clash with the majestic surroundings, especially at our ceremony site.

So when I took mountain boy to the paper store I figured we'd pick something in the white-cream-light brown range. Something neutral.

Instead I got the beautiful, rich color combo here:


Mountain boy wanted red-oranges that matched the red rocks in Moab. I wanted the rich chocolate that will match our cake. I had no idea that he was so into these little style elements.

It made me realize that I still don't know him completely. Even after four years he surprises me. I hope in 40 years he'll still surprise me.

I think I'll have a lot of flexibility with this palate.

I've already changed our wedding website to match the invites. Though I still have no idea what they're going to say.

No comments:

Site Meter