Saturday, December 13, 2008

Other Wedding Blogs

I'm collecting other wedding blogs because a large influence in making my own blog is the community around non-traditional wedding decisions. I've com across all types ranging from the brazen and blatant, to the guilty and apologetic (e.g.: I know this is bad, but I decided to____).

I've found that there are a few key posts that tell me most of what I need to know about the bride's planning style: the dress and the cake.

It was the idea of a huge cake that pushed me from the courthouse-elopement dream to the wedding ceremony in public dream. Not the princess dress, or the adoring fanfare of "my special day" (choke, gag, cough). It's the idea of a towering pile of chocolate cake and frosting. mmmmm.

Also, I want to make my own cake, and I'm toying with the idea of making my own dress. This is partially a money issue, but after careful consideration it's also a control issue (does that make me a Controlling Bride?? We'll have to see.) Basically, I know I can make exactly what I want without having to pay someone a few grand to do it for me.

Back to the blogs. I'm really amazed at the variety of styles when it comes to the cake. it's much more free-form than say, the dress or the invitations. There is a wider range of acceptable options.

In my case, my cake may be one of the most traditional elements of the whole shebang.

No comments:

Site Meter