Saturday, December 13, 2008

This is not you wedding

I had my first encounter with an acquaintance convinced that she knew more about how my wedding should be than I did. I mean, she successfully planned a wedding, so whatever I think I want, I will be miserable if I don't do what she did.

Really, though, I set myself up for it. I admitted to some friends that I was starting to make some decisions about planning a wedding, and that I want to go non-traditional and do most of it myself. Am I completely wrong about what I want? I don't think so. Good thing I have people I barely know to tell me, otherwise I might plan my wedding wrong!

I think that I underestimated how difficult it will be for me to go non-traditional.

1 comment:

deeds102 said...

Ugh. Those people. Fitting circles in square holes since the beginning of time.

It's difficult, but in the end, you'll have a wedding celebration that will truly represent you and your beloved, what could be better?

Be strong! Set up your most important priorites and try not to read too many bride blogs, they will make you insane. Good Luck and Congrats!

Site Meter